Triple Coconut Crusted Chicken
Ingredients (serves 3 - 4):
1/2 can coconut milk
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast cut into strips
salt & pepper
1/3 C coconut flour
1 T water
1 C unsweetened flaked coconut
Oil for frying
- Pour 1/2 can of coconut milk into a plastic bag. Add chicken strips and marinate for 1 hour.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides of chicken.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a fry pan (does not have to cover chicken).
- Beat egg with 1 T water.
- Dip each chicken strip first in coconut flour (shake off excess), then in egg wash, then in coconut flakes.
- Place chicken in fry pan. Do not over crowd.
- Cook until golden brown - about 5 minutes. Turn and cook until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with a drizzle of agave or honey.
- Serve with a mango curry sauce (my husband whipped this up): stir together 1/3 C coconut milk, 1 T red curry paste, and 1/4 C diced mango. Salt and pepper to taste.