When I reach for a sweet treat, I want to make sure it brings some nutritional value to the table, and that it doesn't contribute to candida getting out of control. The use of black beans, Agave, flax, and coconut flour enticed me.
These brownies are thick! Kind of like the consistency of flourless chocolate cake. They are rich and decadent. I have to say that I enjoyed the baked brownie, but the batter was even better! If you try this recipe out, be sure to let me know what you think!
"No Way" Brownies
1 C unsweetened cocoa powder
6 T dairy free margarine, softened
1/3 C oil
1 can of black beans (or 2 C cooked soft, rinsed well)
3/4 C Agave
1 T vanilla extract
1 t chocolate extract (can substitute 2 T instant coffee or 1 t almond extract)
1 C hemp milk (or other milk)
1/2 t salt
2/3 C coconut flour
3 T ground flax
1 1/2 t baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 & grease a small pan (8X8 or 9X9).
- Put the cocoa powder, DF margarine, oil, and black beans into your food processor and process for 2 - 3 minutes, scraping down the sides halfway through. You want the black beans to be thoroughly mixed in.
- Transfer mixture to an electric mixer bowl. Add the agave, both extracts, hemp milk, salt, coconut flour, flax, and baking soda. Mix on medium for 2 - 3 minutes, or until a well-combined batter is formed. Transfer to greased pan...and lick the spatula - it's really good ; )
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the top is set
- Thoroughly cool before cutting or they will fall apart
- If you can do nuts, I'm sure adding a cup of walnuts would take these to a whole other level, as would 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- I stored these in an air-tight container - the last one was eaten 5 days after they were made, and it was just as good as the first!