Thursday, April 23, 2009

Elimination Diet Day 20 - Nystatin

Still feeling pretty good, but not good enough to start challenging yet, though I'm thinking that's about to change b/c my Nystatin prescription arrived yesterday! So, I'm going to stop using the grape fruit seed extract and start taking Nystatin 3X/day. I've read that it works in a unique way to help reestablish the strength of the intestinal walls, eliminating leaky gut syndrome. It has virtually no side effects, and is one of the safest drugs on the market. Most people do not report experiencing any die off reaction when taking it, though some experience mild gastrointestinal symptoms at first. One concern is that some strains of candida are resistant to it. I took a 3-month course of it during my last elimination diet and had great success, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment