Monday, June 8, 2009

Kudos to Hannaford!

A big thank you goes out to Hannafords in Hampton! I don't usually shop there, but I ran in the other day to pick up one quick thing, and I wandered into the Nature's Place section. They don't carry many of the items I prefer, but I did notice some empty spaces, so I thought why not ask them if they'll take some requests? I was lucky to talk with Robin Bisson, Store Manager, and Night Manager, Carol. They were pleasant and totally eager to please. Together, we went over to the Nature's Place section and they meticulously wrote down all of my suggestions for my favorite treats (things that I don't like to buy in bulk, and that I travel all over creation to find when the mood strikes): Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss, Nana's Cookies, Erewhon GF & Sugar Free Corn Flakes, Bard's GF Beer...

I don't know yet if they'll be able to make all my wishes come true (they will need a few days to be in touch with manufacturers), but I'm so pleased with how they treated me. I felt heard and respected and valued. They spent quite a bit of time with me, and seem to really want to cater to special needs.

FYI - Many Hannfords will be "cutting in" special diet products (I learned some lingo - that means that they won't have a Nature's Place section. Special foods will be on the shelves with their mainstream counterparts).

Thanks again, Robin & Carol!

No comments:

Post a Comment