So how can you incorporate nutty tasting, nutritionally-packed Hemp Seedinto your allergen- friendly diet? Here are some ideas & recipes:
* sprinkle on yogurt & fruit (my personal favorite)
* add to cold or hot cereal (they really turn up the flavor on my staple - Millet Puffs )
* add to your favorite smoothy
* sprinkle on your salad
* add to your favorite stir fry recipe
* Make this salad dressing: blend 1 C Hemp Seed with 2/3 C water until smooth. Add 2 T crumbled feta cheese (optional), 3 T lemon juice, 2 t crushed garlic, 1 t dried oregano, salt & pepper to taste. You will not miss the oil.
* use as a coating on chicken or fish: mix enough Hemp Seed with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs to coat the amount of chicken or fish you are making & bake as you normally would.
* add 1/2 cup to homemade sausage
* add to any soup or chili
* sprinkle some over pasta w/ tomato sauce
* add to homemade granola