Friday, June 19, 2009

Ask the Coach, vol 1: Gluten Free Tea?

Happy Friday! This week, I'll be starting a new series called "Ask the Coach." It will run each Friday. During the week, I get lots of emails, blog posts, website comments, and in-person fabulous questions from various folks...and I thought "hey, if this person is wondering about this, then that must mean many others are, too."

This week's question is an email from K.S., who writes:

Q: Hi Kim, Your email regarding the GF Betty C mixes was forwarded to me by a friend. I have just recently been diagnosed celiac and have not been able to find a good GF tea. I used to love vanilla hazelnut by celestial seasonings. Any suggestion? All the teas that look appealing to me have barley or some other form of gluten in them. Thank you, K.S.

A:
Hi K.S., Thanks for writing. All teas by the The Republic of Tea are GF - from their website: "The The Republic of Tea is the first and only tea company in the United States to be certified by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO), ensuring all of our full-leaf and bagged teas are free of gluten and possible cross-contamination from gluten. The GFCO, a program of the Gluten Intolerance Group® (GIG), is the first program of its kind in the world to supervise the manufacturing and testing protocol of companies that market gluten-free (GF) foods, for the purpose of offering consumers a third-party assurance of safety. This new independent food processing inspection program will verify that food products meet the highest standards for GF ingredients and are produced in a safe environment."

They have many flavors. I'm a decaf girl myself, so my favorites are Vanilla Almond and Ginger Peach. Hope this was helpful!

Keep your great questions coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment