Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Power of Our Questions

Part of the coaching work I do is to help people with the emotional and cognitive obstacles to making positive changes. This usually begins with a focus on adapting to dietary restrictions, but often it morphs into examining other areas of life that might be out of balance.

Often our perception of a situation (be it dealing with a celiac disease diagnosis, anxiety over food allergies, our personal relationships, career goals...) is actually not helping us to reach our goals. One tool that I find helpful in beginning to understand perceptions about a situation is "Question Thinking." This has helped me and several of my clients to more fully understand the connection between our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors...and ultimately to make changes in our thoughts leading to more productive behaviors.

If you would like to explore question thinking and how it may be helpful to you, join me on September 22nd & 29th from 6:30 - 8:30PM for a two-part workshop called "The Power of Our Questions" at the Women Supporting Women Center in Exeter. Click on the flyer image for full details.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a very powerful workshop, Kim. We are often surprised how we, ourselves, hold ourselves back or make our lives out of balance. Indeed, I think we all struggle with this in varying amounts at different times. I read the Daily Teachings of The Secret (a daily "calendar") and I get the emails from tut.com. They make a huge difference in keeping me focused on all the positives and moving forward for my goals.

    Best of luck with your sessions! Very important work you are doing!

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete