Monday, September 21, 2009

Better Bread Company Vegetable Pizza

If you are a follower of this blog, you probably know that I love pizza. A couple of weeks ago, I spied a different pizza box in the freezer section at Hannafords from the Better Bread Company. It said "gluten free" and also "hand crafted," which got my interest peeked. It was $7.99, so I decided to give it a try, though I haven't been real satisfied with frozen GF pizzas in the past.

At lunchtime, I baked up the veggie pizza - right on the rack of my oven. It was hard to wait until it cooled! The crust was fairly thin, but no too thin. It crisped really well, which I think is key. When I cut it, it didn't fall apart...you could hold it and eat it like real pizza. The cheese, sauce, and veggie toppings were all very tasty. Absolutely YUMMY!

Then I went to the Better Bread Co's website and discovered that they were founded by a fellow celiac and that they are located right in Windham, Maine, which is not too far from me. The site says that they hand roll each pizza crust, so no two look the same. I like their philosophy and the fact that they are pretty local, so when Hannafords said that I could pick out some of their GF products to distribute as samples at the Going Gluten Free workshop, this is one of the products I chose!

Most stores in the Northeast carry Better Bread Company's products, and they are also available online through amazon.com.



Don't forget to stop by and see Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free today for a round up of delicious "slightly indulgent" recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment