- The Nov 1st edition of the Gluten Free Lifestyle Blog Carnival is up at Sustaining Health Holistically. Check it out for some great recipes, product reviews, and more!
- A fantastic recipe roundup of pumpkin treats for "Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free" is up at Life Gluten Free.
- Today is Monday, so swing by Simply Sugar & Gluten Free for a collection of Slightly Indulgent recipes. You could also win a great give-a-way - new e-cookbooks!
Soups and stews are among the most wonderful aspects of the cool weather season. I love to toss some things together and have them meld into a tasty, warm, comforting meal. We had this for a couple of dinners recently.
- 1 T oil
- 1/2 pound sausage, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (1 pound) sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 small hot green chile pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can chic peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 apple - peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- Heat oil in bottom of soup pot or dutch oven. Add sausage and allow to brown for about 7 min, breaking it up occasionally.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and red pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chili pepper, and water. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in chic peas, apple, cilantro, salt, and pepper and allow to simmer for 5 more minutes.
This post is linked to What Can I Eat That's Gluten Free (Soup Theme)?