Monday, November 16, 2009

Tapioca Apple Pudding

Sorry for my absence over the last week. I've been under the weather, and we had a death in the family. I'm also temporarily working on a new project that takes me away from the office 3 days per week...this likely means that my posts will be fewer over the next couple of months.

This recipe is something I discovered as I continue to search for rotation diet-friendly things to eat. It's warm and comforting and fills the house with a wonderful aroma. I hope you enjoy it!

Ingredients (makes 2 large servings):
  • 1/2 C quick cooking tapioca cooked according to package instructions
  • 2 T honey or 4 t agave
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 C milk (whatever kind you can tolerate)
  • 1/4 t nutmeg
  • 2 apples, cored, peeled, and sliced

Directions

  1. Oil 2 large ramekins and preheat oven to 350.
  2. Mix first 6 ingredients together.
  3. Arrange sliced apples in each ramekin.
  4. Pour tapioca mixture evenly over each.
  5. Bake for about 40 - 45 minutes. The apples will rise to the top!

This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Mondays and What Can I Eat That's Gluten Free. Check out these great recipe roundups!

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about your family...hope you're doing okay. The recipe looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like your rotation diet is going well. I really need to sit down and read about it to see if I think it might work for me. Thanks so much for linking to Slightly Indulgent Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the ultimate comfort food! I like warm. I will look for tapioca next time I shop. I believe that a rotation diet is very important and have wanted to do it, but we seem limited in our food and energy to pull it off just yet. I look forward to reading more of your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you were sick and had a death in the family. I don't blame you for being away from blogging! This sounds simple and good. Thanks for linking to "What can I eat that's gluten free?"

    ReplyDelete