Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1st Edition of the Gluten Free Lifestyle Blog Carnival

Welcome to the April 1, 2010 edition of the gluten free lifestyle blog carnival. There are some great posts to check out, including some related to Easter and Passover!

Product Reviews

Stephen presents Sneak Peek: Mac & Cheeza posted at Gluten Freeways, saying, "A new mac & cheese place with great gluten free options in Downtown LA!"

Recipes

Linda Simon presents Great Gluten Free Spaghetti and Marvelous Meatballs Kitchen Therapy posted at Kitchen Therapy, saying, "Tender, moist meatballs that are half meat, half minced mushrooms. Photos of two kinds of gluten-free pasta."

Kate Chan presents Gluten Free Chocolate Chip & Tahini Cookies posted at Gluten Free Gobsmacked, saying, "The tastiest chocolate chip cookie you'll ever have! (And a versatile recipe too!)"

Tamara Duker presents Best. Flourless. Desserts. Ever. posted at What I'm Eating Now, saying, "Just in time for Passover and Easter, here are my picks for the best flourless desserts...ever!"

Joi Abraham presents BBQ Chicken and Waffle Sandwich posted at Just Saying No!!!, saying, "Waffles make the best bread substitute!"

Aubree Cherie presents Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe posted at Living Free.

Amy Green @ Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free presents Apple & Carrot Gluten Free Breakfast Cake: VitaMixed posted at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free, saying, "A delicious, slightly sweet cake made with my beloved VitaMix. Read the comments section for suggestions on how to make this with a food processor."

Linda@NHE presents Gluten Free Lemon Pasta Recipe posted at Natural Health Ezine, saying, "A few weeks ago, we went to my sister’s house for dinner. She learned about a year or two ago that she has a sensitivity to gluten, so she’s been living the gluten-free diet for the past few months. She’s found some really great recipes including this Lemon and Asparagus Pasta which is not only gluten free, but healthy too!"

Heather presents Chocolate Eggs in a Cookie Basket posted at Celiac Family.

Tips

Heather presents Gluten-Free Easter Candy List posted at Celiac Family, saying, "A great resource for GF Easter goodies!"

C. Myers presents Are You Wheat and Gluten Intolerant? Mind Mart posted at Mind Mart, saying, "Information about wheat and gluten allergy, sensitivity, and Celiac Disease."

That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of the gluten free lifestyle blog carnivalm, which will be hosted by http://www.simplysugarandglutenfree.com/, using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page. If you are interested in hosting in the future, let me know!

Happy April! Spring is here!

Technorati tags: , .

1 comment:

  1. Our Trip ROCKED
    As we all know, attitude is half the game. If you start off any trip with a bug up your bottom and think that everyone owes you something...well guess what you will not have fun. We went on this 7 day cruise with a positive attitude. Which by the way is a challange with 3 kids (11,12 and 14) on a gluten free diet plus me, a 42 year old. We knew it would be hard but we wanted to give it a whirl. I was probably the only peson in the history of cruise to pack food. My husabnd, a gluten eater, didn't mind me packing 43 protein bars and instant gf oatmeal:) I understand that cruising= non stop food but I had my kids to worry about and I wanted them to have FUN and not worry about not having something. I am happy to share that that WAS NOT the case at all. It was wonderful.
    We have been to disney every year since we have had to be gluten free and thought that was the only place on earth w3e could vacation. I am going to venture to say that now we are ruined for all future vacations, that's how wonderful it was.

    Now our successful vacation can be attributed to the wonderful people we came in contact with and the fact that we were now on the attack but grateful for everything that was provided for us. The first meal my husband and the friends we went with , had stacked their plates and were raveing about the choices they had. My 3 kids and myself stood there ask 1,000 questions and were scared to death to try anything and start our vacation in the bathroom!! But we lucked out! I talked to the hostess on the Lido Deck(Jovanna) and she hooked us up with Daniel the Chef. Then she let the Head Hostess in Truffles, our new BFF, Eva know about our "special needs".

    Well, Daniel told us where it would be safe to eat on the Lido. From that day foward Daniel hooked us up daily. Hamburgers, fries specially cooked. pizza with gluten free crusts. You name it we ate it! I seriously think I gained at leat 8 pounds, which is pretty disgusting if you really think about it. But this has been the first time in 8 years that we have been able to dine anywhere and be safe. They went over and beyond and we showed our gratitude daily. Going out of our way to say hi and thank them and tell them how great they were. They honestly would have even done more but we didn't want to always have them going so crazy for us.

    Dining at Truffles was unabelievable. There was nothing my kids didn't eat...pancakes, french toast, bread at EVERY MEAL, hashbrowns, dinners and desserts.

    I feel so badly if someone has a bad report because I can honestly say nothing bad about the food. Now don't mistake that for thinking that everyone was awesome. We had one waiter in the morning who rubbed me wrong and I simply(as sweet as pie) told the other waiter that he was now going to serve us and the other guy wasn't allowed to come back to our table. We don't need attitude and he can just move along. All was resolved:)

    The other key to dining anywhere gluten free, wether it's a cruise or local, you HAVE to know what you can eat and what you can't. You HAVE to know the questions to ask. I think that people who are gluten free and expect to have every single thing gluten free will always be disappointed.

    I believe on the otherhand that we are the minority. And I am asking for special accomodation, therefore I am extremely grateful when thing are prepared for me. I would rather my children and myself not be sick and enjoy the vacation.

    ReplyDelete