Monday, August 3, 2009

Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free: CHILL OUT!

Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free is a blogging event that rounds up GF recipes from all corners of the globe. It started in February 2008 and has been going strong ever since! A different blogger hosts each month. You don't have to be gluten free to participate - just make sure your entry is! You also don't have to be a blogger - GF recipes are welcomed from anyone and everyone!

The creator of Go Ahead Honey, It's Gluten Free, Naomi Devlin - of Straight Into Bed Cakefree and Dried, has just announced the hosts for the coming year. I'm proud to say that August's edition will be hosted right here at The Food Allergy Coach! Let's all beat the summer heat together with the theme "Chill Out!" I don't know about you, but here in the Northeast, putting the oven on is the last thing I'm about to do when it's in the 90's with 90% humidity! Join me as we head to the beach down the street from my house in search of some refreshment! It's so close by that we can pop back here for some snacks if we want to. Oh! - I've got extra towels and chairs...

You don't have to be a gluten free blogger to submit your recipes for no-cook dishes and/or dishes served cold...just email me your recipes along with a picture at thefoodallergycoach@yahoo.com. If you are a blogger, just email me the link to your recipe along with a photo. It would be great if I could have all submissions by Friday, August 28th so I can post them by Monday, August 31st. Thanks!

I only recently got hooked up with this crew of unbelievably creative cooks by participating in June's theme of "Manly Food" hosted at Simply Gluten Free and July's theme of "Make Me a Happy Camper" at Gluten Free Easily. Check out these incredible recipes as they are woven into an entertaining tail with grace and humor! Some of my other favorite past themes are "Food From Your Childhood" (November 2008) at For the Love of Food and "One Pot Meals" (June 2008) at Ginger Lemon Girl. Scroll down the homepage of Naomi's blog to see all the fun themes on the right - you'll never be without culinary inspiration!

So join us for this incredible feast that will cool us down from the inside - out! Looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect theme for this time of year! Every day lately I've succumbed and turned on the AC. (I really like life without AC, hence the recent trip to New England.) Hopefully, you'll get the same type of participation that Carol and I did ... just wonderful. Join in everyone--it's a lot of fun!

    Thanks also, Kim, for pointing out those posts you enjoyed so much. I can't remember if I've already read them, so I'll go check them out. :-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great theme! looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I missed out on this months Go Ahead Honey. I like your theme, sorry I wasn't able to participate!

    ReplyDelete