Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I hope you have discovered the Neti Pot!

If you suffer from occasional or ongoing upper respiratory symptoms (stuffy nose, sinus pain and pressure, post nasal drip), I highly recommend looking into a Neti Pot. I have used one for about four years now - in fact, it fell off my vanity and broke yesterday morning, so I had to run out and replace it right away! In my worse months (fall and winter), I use it every morning. During spring and summer, I only need it about 2X/week to keep my nasal passages clear.

It takes about as long as flossing your teeth and, no, you don't choke! My teen-age nephew tried it and said that he could taste food for the first time!

Why a Nasal Wash? The nasal passages are lined with a thin layer of mucus that is one of our body's first lines of defense against disease. A nasal wash keeps this layer of mucus moist, clean and healthy. And compared to other nasal wash techniques, using the Neti Pot is easy. It helps to:

  • Remove excess mucus due to congestion.
  • Rid nostrils of pollen and other allergens.
  • Cleanse the nasal membranes of dust, smoke, or other airborne contaminants.
  • Relieve nasal dryness due to air travel.
  • Improve flow of breath before doing relaxation or meditation techniques.
Click here to learn more. Neti Pots are available at your local health food store. They sell special neti pot salt to go along with it, but you don't need it! The much cheaper sea salt sold in bulk is perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment